Hogeschool van Amsterdam

Career opportunities

European School of Physiotherapy

After completing the study programme, the student must be able to work independently and with a critical attitude as a professional practitioner.

The ESP graduates will furthermore demonstrate their capability of working at higher professional education level as a physiotherapist in the following 7 areas, determined by the Royal Dutch Association for Physical Therapy: Physical therapy activities, Communicating, Collaborating, Knowledge sharing and scientific research, Acting in the interest of society, Organizing and Professional conduct.


Physiotherapists are employed in hospitals, private practices, rehabilitation centres, nursing homes, health centres, and sports teams or associations. Physiotherapists who have been trained in the Netherlands can work in many different places in the world.


All graduates who have obtained the relevant diploma can be included in the RIBIZ-register. RIBIZ is a division of the CIBG, an agency of the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport. You are then able to use the legally protected professional title in The Netherlands and abroad. This registration is a license to practice physiotherapy in the Netherlands and enables registration in most countries of the European Union and the rest of the world. Some countries have additional requirements. We can provide you with more details on registration abroad.

Published by  Faculteit Gezondheid 2 July 2020