Masterclass Developing Leadership in ResearchEvenement
Both researchers and research support staff are in continuous search of how they can do better. How to help each other, how to enhance the quality of what they deliver, and how to become a better prepared professional for the job that needs to be done. What type of leadership and management ensures that researchers and support staff can develop the required skills to excel? During this masterclass we will discuss several persistent dilemma’s and myths that both researchers and research support staff experience. How can we combine the best of both worlds to pave a smoother way?
During this masterclass we will discuss several persistent dilemma’s and myths that both researchers and research support staff experience. How can we combine the best of both worlds to pave a smoother way?
Prof Linda Evans from Manchester Institute of Education, University of Manchester, will accompany us on a personal journey to help discover where our own professionalism in research leadership lies. She specializes in researcher development and the development of research cultures and research capacities. Read more about her expertise.
This Masterclass is open to HvA researchers, PhD candidates, professors and research support staff.
- 10.00-10.05 Welcome by Lucy Kerstens, Manager Research Centre, Faculty of Business and Economics
- 10.05-10.35 Short introduction to research leadership by Prof. Linda Evans
- 10:35-11.10 Pitches by Research support staff on their persistent dilemma’s
- 11.10-11.35 Pitches by (senior) Researchers and PhD candidates on their persistent dilemma’s
- 11.35-11.45 Short coffee break
- 11.45-12.45 Analysis of the pitches and some advice by Prof. Linda Evans
- 12.45-13.00 Wrap-up of the day by Dr. Didi Griffioen, Research in Education Program Leader
This event is part of a series of expert meetings organized by the strategic program Research in Education. The language is English.
Masterclass Developing Leadership in Research
7 nov 10.00-13.00 uur
Meeting on Research in Master Programmes
8 nov 12.30-16.30 uur
9 nov 9.00-17.00 uur
Workshop on the Development of Students’ Discipline-Specific Research Skills
10 nov 13.30-15.30 uur